Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Emerald cut CZ!!!

OK, maybe this sounds dumb to some of you, but when a woman has limited funds, but wants fine jewelry, she oftimes has to turn to simulants. And my favorite diamond simulant is the cubic zirconia. My choice of venders is Liz C. http://www.lizcjewelry.com/main.html


For $30, Liz just sent David and me a 7x5mm (one carat size) emerald cut cz. It's H in color, so it'll look real. I have a couple empty gold settings it would go nicely in. I placed the cz in them to get an idea. Here are pics. Remember, the prongs are from the last gem that was in them, pretend they're not there. It's just balancing on the flower band, but it gives a pretty good idea of how it would look. Leave me some comments on which one looks best.

This will be a Christmas gift rfom dh to me. Having it set will cost a little, but really, that's all I want for Christmas. These empty settings are just wasted sitting around, unworn. Now they will make a silly woman very happy.

Here is the stone loose -



















Cathedral solitaire -























Flower band solitaire, by Black Hills Gold -

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both bands are nice, but I think the CZ stands out better with the first band.

Jill said...

Yeah, I'm thinking the plain band is better suited too.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that this is Nancy - Will's mom- who used to live on your street. I'm glad I found your blog!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Got it. I'll email you in the next day or two!

Rhonda said...

Wow, that is BEAUTIFUL cut! I love it.

I'm not much into expensive jewelry and I'm quite happy with the faux diamonds as long as it looks pretty. And then when I lose it because I can't sleep, wash my hands, do dishes, cook, etc with any rings on my hands (I'm wierd I know!) it's not a big deal because I usually bought it from Avon for less than $30! SaWEEET!