Friday, November 14, 2008

College

The time has come. After sending three kids off to college, I'm ready to take one little course myself. Put my big toe in the water, so to speak. I'm a little nervous. Is my grey matter up to the challenge? I haven't been in school for 23 years.

I plan to go to the local community college. I thought about an online course, but then realized I'd be lonely. I want to sit amongst other learners, see and hear my teacher.

I'd like to take an English course, as I enjoy writing. That seems to be the best choice for now. Then maybe I'll branch out into some world history.

My husband and offspring are academic. I so want to be able to talk with them at their own level. This is the only way I can see to do so. It's funny, I used to take pride in being just a homemaker. But now that Noah's in school full-time, I'm bored and lonely. So there are two benefits in taking a college course. Brain stimulation, and socialization. I can't wait!

I am calling today, to enroll in a spring course. I hope I can find my high school diploma in time to do this.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Oh, how exciting!

Isn't it wonderful that there are so many opportunities available?