Saturday, December 27, 2008

Laryngitis

I have no voice. My voice box is swollen and unhappy. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't just gone to a party. It was the annual Christmas-time party at my in-laws', made up of the very fun and interesting relatives from my mother-in-law's side of the family. There's no way a chatty gal like me is going to let a little thing like a hoarse voice stop her from socializing. The sound of my voice was awful, so I talked low when I did talk. As soon as I got home, I realized how bad my voice have become. I looked up laryngitis on the net and learned that I shouldn't talk or even whisper, for a couple days! So I'm writing notes, and the kids are fascinated by this, along with my silence. Rebekah is the most attuned to my meaning if my written words aren't enough.

No comments: