Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The "Christmas Pastor"

Ever since hearing Dicken's Christmas Carol, and then seeing an old B&W version of it, Noah has worried about the "Christmas Pastor." I think he got this name from the Ghost of Christmas Past. Tonight, he asked me, once again, "Are you sure the Christmas Pastor won't come in my room tonight?" I assured him he wouldn't, and that there was no such person anyway - someone made him up for a story...

Now, just to illustrate the magical thinking of a 6-year-old, he responded, "I'm so afraid the Christmas Pastor is gonna come and make me wear chains and heavy things so I can't walk!" I realized at this point he had combined Jacob Marley with the Ghost of Christmas Past. Again, I reassured him there was no Christmas Pastor for real. "Do you promise?" I did. He settled down, and fell asleep as I sang Truly Scrumptious to him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBvPvEBqhX4

No comments: