Monday, October 6, 2008

Noah's Nautical room



Here are some pictures of our latest project. Josh and I came up with a nautical theme because Noah really likes pirates. He views his carpet as the ocean, for his pirate ships to sail upon. Josh came up with a compass idea for the ceiling, with all points correct. (N really points north.) It's based on a Portugese compass flower.
Here he is working on it:




Fortunately, we happened to take a trip to Cape May right after the room was painted, so we were able to collect all kinds of nautical items. Our favorite was the 5' whale. (The kids weren't so happy about this, as they had to carry it across their laps the whole way home.)










































































After veiwing the room, my friend, Pam, commented, "Noah - naughtical - isn't that interesting?" Josh and I hadn't even thought about it til then.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

GORGEOUS ROOM!!!

Judy said...

Oh, Jill.

I LOVE it.

How cool would it be to be a boy with a room like that?

I'm not even a boy, and I'm getting dangerously close to jealous!