Friday, September 19, 2008

Say hello to Cosmo

Well, I am soooo happy right now! Today, my mom and I drove for 50 minutes to pick out a Boston Terrier dog! Sarah Jane had seen an ad for two of them: male, neutered, 2 years old, all shots, house-trained. This is what I've been waiting for. I swooped in and nabbed one. And we're calling him Otto. He's a very handsome boy.


Turns out Otto is not 2 until January. His brother was so sweet, I had a hard time choosing. Otto was slightly calmer, and something in me just loved him, as I watched him snuggle into my mom and fall asleep.


Otto and his brother were up for grabs because their "mom" had to move and couldn't keep them.


The drive was very pretty and winding, over a mountain. After we got home, we introdued Otto to Maisy and they were fine with each other. I still haven't seen them really play like I thought they would. Still, they got along, not a bared tooth to be seen.

After a couple hours of serious puppy schnoogling, Sarah Jane and I walked Otto and Maisy to school to retrieve Noah. Yesterday, Noah had told me that he felt bad for Maisy because she didn't have a dog-friend. I told him, "Well, maybe if you say a prayer for her, it might happen." Today, in the school I told him we had a surprise, and took him out to Sarah Jane, holding both dogs. Otto bowled him over with kisses. Noah was pretty happy!

David really likes him. His sturdy muscled body, pushed-in muzzle, and broad head remind us of our beloved Pongo. She was our first dog, a boxer and a real sweetie. She left us too soon at age eight.

Pictures!









































2 comments:

Judy said...

Oh!

Otto is adorable!

Love the name, and the breed!

My grandparents always had Boston Terriers.

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I had lost all of your info when my computer failed.

Made my day to have a comment from you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill,
Thank you!
It's going pretty good:) It's not as easy or fun as homeschooling from scratch.
Virrtual schooling is free because the state pays for all our books and once we are done we return them back. However, you have to sign in every morning and do what they tell you to do, which means you can't be as creative. You also have a teacher that checks in every few weeks and test your child. It helps knowing where he is compared to all the other kids his age, but it adds alot of stress. I am so afraid I'm going to slow or going to fast or not doing something just right. I feel like someone is always looking over my shoulder and they are. Other than that, it is going well.
Thanks for writing!!!
Hugs, Sandy