Monday, September 29, 2008

Dear little moment




Last night, Noah and I watched Hook, one of my family's favorite movies. (I did censor a couple scenes.) I had to stop it in the middle to make Noah a snack, and it was right at the telling of how Peter Pan came to Never Never Land. It showed him as a baby, listening to all the plans his parents had, college, a career, possibly becoming a judge. He couldn't stand the thought, and rolled his pram away. It happened to spill over and there he was, this dear little baby, about 6-7 months old, lying in the rain, crying, when a fairy, Tinkerbell, took his hand, and flew him to Never Never Land, where he became the leader of the Lost Boys. But he returned to his house from time to time, and saw that a new baby had replaced him. He looked sad as he watched, through the window, his parents cooing over his little brother.



This scene really affected Noah. He stood on the sofa, holding Ocean Wing, his bear, and told me, "That makes me feel sad. How could his parents not want him?" We talked about it, and then finished the movie. I love how Noah feels safe sharing his feelings of sadness or fear with me. I hope he always does. (Of course, as he gets older, I can't record these in my blog, as he would feel betrayed. But he's not adept at reading just yet...











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It might be a fun movie, but it totally contradicts J.M. Barrie's original stories.
For a Peter Pan adventure that's faithful and is based on Barrie's idea for more, click on my name!
:)
BELIEVE!