Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Job well done

Today was my husband's birthday. I think he was pleased with how his day went. I made him tacos for dinner, followed by New York-style cheesecake. He really liked his present, a coffee-table book all about arts and crafts style bungalows. Beautiful photos. He looked and looked at it, even after all the excitement wore off.

My mother-in-law joined us, just back from her trip to Venice. She brought souveniers with her! She has got to be the best souvenier-getter in the entire East coast. As soon as David had opened his gifts, she started handing out all the others. Soon the table was filled with interesting goodies: hand-painted flutes, T-shirts, jewelry, linens, old-fashioned toys, and knocking balls (which may be whisked away in the night by the peace-and-quiet fairy). By the time all was unwrapped, I had an ecru hand-crocheted table runner, a golddust-filled glass pendant, and a lovely sachet of dried lavendar, mmmmm-mmm!

Mom told us that Dad insisted on getting that fancy table runner for me. He bargained and bargained for it, finally spending about $70 on it. He's so good to me. I still treasure the Canadian gold coin pendant he brought me a couple years ago.

Well, I'm pooped. Time for bed...

No comments: