Saturday, June 30, 2007

awake

I cannot sleep. I drank some coffee around 10pm and I'm still up on it. Also, I seem to have caught a "summer cold" and my nose has become a faucet. It's not fun to lay in bed, constantly changing my tissue-nose plugs. Finally, frustrated, I found myself poking around the meds for a dry-em-up. I found some Benadryl. What would I do w/o it? Tomorrow I'll use a Neti-pot.



Sarah Jane and I just got back 1:30am. We should've arrived at 9:35, but I overshot our exit off the Garden State Parkway. We knew we had gone too far when we saw flat land and sand in the soil...



God was good and saw us safely home. I have a cold and my nose is running like a faucet. And this coffee... And I think I'm just so happy to be back with my own family. I missed them!



One thing I did while in CT was really fun: Clair took me to see Nunsense at the Ivoryton Theatre. It was great! If you have a chance to see it, go! We laughed and laughed. There were a couple not-nice lines/jokes, but generally it was fine. The one character, "Mother Superior," was played by a man. "Mother Superior" seemed to weigh about 300 lbs, but moved with amazing agility for "her" weight. He/she was a great dancer. Clair was amazed at how nimble this heavy person was. I told her I thought he was padded. After the show, the actor came out in street clothes, and he was a trim man, about 5'7", weighing maybe 150. The padding really looked like real extra weight.














My friend had her baby. She had a girl, her third child, though poly-cystic ovarian disease has bothered her for some time. I think God must feel such joy in making these miracles happen. Makes me want another one. I guess that never goes away. If God wants to, He can make it happen, but so far, in the 15 years since getting my tubes done, nothing has happened outside of the IVF we did to get Noah. He knows best.

No comments: