Thursday, June 21, 2007

Depression glass

Just thought I'd post a pic of one of the pieces of depression glass I bought the other day. It's a stem pot. I made that name up - maybe it's called something else. But it's really neat. It has a removeable "lid" with little holes for flower stems. Isn't it just too sweet and old-fashioned? I wonder who owned it before, and what they were like...

Also, here's a lamp that Faith's mom has. Faith said it was rather old. I liked how the bottom lights as a night-light. You can have both parts on, or just one. Isn't it dear? I love the color!

And, though it's off topic, I just had to post a pic of Maisy, our Sheltie, how I found her this morning. She's often on her back.

2 comments:

VAYANKEE said...

The clear-glass top with the holes is called a "FROG."

Usually, they are "orphans" without a pot or bowl that they go with.

I have a large collection of vintage dishes and glass and linens, many of which I want to try selling online this fall, after I figure out how to upload pictures, and in fact, learn how to use the digital camera I have bought...I guess it's not that hard, since everyone seems to use them.

I, too, am astonished that no one else wanted Mrs. Trayer's recipe box.

Incidentally, at some point I figured she must have passed away and looked up her name on the Social Security Death Index .....No one told me...

She was very important to me...

Jill said...

Winnie must have been in so much grief she forgot. Grandma Trayer died on Feb 17, 2002, one month before I had Noah. She was pretty sharp til the end. Her last words to me where, "How's the baby?" I only wish I had thought to tell her that, if it was a boy, we were going to use Emory as his middle name.