Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Maisy is fat

I took the little beasts into the vet yesterday. It was no big surprise to learn that Miss Maisy has chunked out a bit... 26 lbs! She should weigh 2o, maybe 21. Cosmo was his usual trim little self at 22 lbs. He looked a little snooty after Maisy's weight was read aloud. Nah - it was just my imagination. I felt like saying, "Ewe's not fat - ewe's fluffy!" For she truly is. That's the problem; her fluffy coat hides her girth. So tonight, I fed her a little less than usual. And told the fam to stop giving her snacks. The saddest thing about this whole matter is - eating is to Shelties as reading is to scholars. Or as singing is to musicians. Or as painting is to artists. So I feel rather mean limiting her to painting 2/3 of a picture. Or singing 2/3 of a song. Or reading 2/3 of a book. But it's for her own good.



No comments: