Monday, August 31, 2009

Group proposal?

I just saw the dumbest thing on youtube - a group proposal put together by the Today Show. All these girls who thought they were having Valentine's makeovers we told to turn their swivel chairs around, and then a bunch of guys filed in. Katie Couric directed, "OK, ladies, turn around - guys, do your thing!" And about 20 young men simultaneously kneeled and proposed to their girlfriends. I'm sorry, but what should have been a sweet private moment for two was instead made into a public conveyor-belt display for 15 seconds on national TV. I hated it. I felt bad for the girls and guys. Give me a candle-lit dinner proposal anyday. In fact, the way David gave me my ring, atop a lighthouse, was priceless. It was just Noah, the lighthouse lady, David and me.

Oh well. We don't all go crazy alike.

Here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNhxytlTKrE&feature=related

No comments: