Tuesday, January 27, 2009

On the edge of eternity


This is K, with Cosmo, in September, before she went into the ICU for septicemia.

My mom called me yesterday, and said she was not doing well. I showered and got right over to see her. A nurse had been there all night, as K was having difficulty breathing. But she was calm when I got there. She's on morphine for discomfort. Her whole family was there. My brother has been continually by her side. Soon, many of our family was there too. My mom, dad, Sarah, and my little sister, Robin. I brought Josh and Ben in later in the day. Rebekah is coming on the train today. It'll take her almost 12 hours to get here.

My mom, K's mom, and Sarah are spending the night. I'm really glad, as Steve won't be alone if something happens.

Another nurse came around noon, and after assessing K, said she was "very close." We knew the Lord could heal her that very day, but we don't have our heads in the sand either. God knows what's best for K, and we are all trusting Him.

K seems to be on the very edge of eternity. This very night, she could be in the presence of her Lord and Maker, and all the Christians who have gone before her. Moses, Isaiah, David, Paul, Peter, John, and later believers such as Keith Green. Her father and step-father await her. I am excited for her! I am heart broken to see her go this soon, but I do want to see her relieved of her diseased body, the shell that holds her sweet spirit.