Friday, January 16, 2009

English Composition 101

I started class on Wednesday, the 14th. I got there a few minutes early, but most of my classmates were already there. I took a seat in the back row, center, and tried to blend in best I could. My professor is a nice guy, soft-spoken, who enjoys class participation. Our first big assignment is a case study on someone we know. I'm looking forward to getting into that, but I'm not sure who it'll be. It has to be someone I know, not a public figure. It can be a person who has died, and for that reason I'm seriously thinking of one of my two grandmothers.


Rebekah called tonight. She is all healed up from her wisdom teeth surgery. She is busy preparing for her upcoming spring play, as well as a small part in a musical. I'm really looking forward to seeing her in the play. I don't think we'll make the musical, with the long drive. Her big part is in the play, so that's our priority, though I'd love to see her in the musical.

Here's Becka about 2 weeks ago, ice packs in place, following her wisdom teeth-ectomy. Cosmo was her moral support, as well as a handy heat source. Becka had a hard time of it, much more pain that Josh, Sarah, or I did. We all had our wisdoms out within the year. I think she may have more nerve endings in her mouth that the average person. She's doing fine now.



I went to a "Ya-Ya Sisterhood" meeting tonight. This is a group of ladies I have met through my friend, Faith. They often go to movies and have pie afterwards. I've seen two movies with them so far. It has been fun. Women need their times of bonding and general silliness from time to time.


Lately, I am feeling increasingly sorry for my cat. It is freezing cold out, and she must be feeling it! I tried to find her to bring her inside tonight, but she wouldn't come when I called her. I have an insulated box outside for her , but she doesn't use it. I think I'll have to keep her in the basement until it warms up.


I'm reading a book called Fantasy and Your Child. I finished Peony in Love a week ago. It is the second book in 20+ years to make me cry.


I'm looking forward to relaxing this weekend.

No comments: