Sunday, January 18, 2009

Freezing Sylvia

I have an outdoor cat, Sylvia, a plain vanilla tabby. She used to be an inside cat, but she and Sarah's bunny, Fluffles, began a territory battle. In other words, Sylvia became a naughty-potty kitty. All I could do was kick her out, and provide an insulated box for the chilly nights. But she doesn't use it. The other night, as the temp dropped to about 8 degrees, I began to fret about her. I tried to take her to the Humane Society, but they required a $127 surrender fee! So I have her in the storage room until I can figure out what to do with her.

4:07pm - David, Noah, and I just returned from Circuit City. They had big sales on because they're going out of business. We brought home a new phone system, a remote control for the PS3, and three DVD's: Over the Hedge, Annie, and Wallace and Gromit and the Were-Rabbit. David and Noah are watching the Hedge right now. I'm trying to get away from owning too many movies, as over-watching them makes them not as special. However, some movies are just too good not to own. Annie, for instance. I must be able to watch and hear Carol Burnett sing Little Girls anytime I want. Besides, our VHS collection, which is large, is, as a whole, getting very grainy. A family needs to have a certain amount of movies on hand. Some of our "musts" are:

Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Pride and Prejudice (Colin Firth)
Sense and Sensibility (Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet, Hugh Grant)
Emma (Gwyneth Paltrow)
Gone with the Wind
Singing in the Rain
Oklahoma
The Ten Commandments (Charlton Heston)
The Prince of Egypt
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
All six Star Wars movies
The Incredibles

That's all I can think of for now. Time to blog-hop.

No comments: