Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A typical evening


Noah's watching an old Johnny Quest episode. I really liked this show as a girl; David loved it! He wanted to grow up into Dr. Benton Quest, a scientist-explorer. (He kinda did.) I wanted to be Hadji. (Or at least a tom-boy version of him.)


This is part of our average evening. After dinner, Noah does homework, then cello practice at seven. Following a good thirty minutes of practice, I give him free time til eight. That's when we head upstairs for tooth-brushing and a bath (if need be, about three times a week). From 8:15-8:30, I read to him. We wrap up with prayers and kisses and I put on his Suzuki CD. I try to be out of the room by 8:35. (He has to rise at 6:30am.)


Well, Johnny Quest is over. Time for the bedtime ritual. (And then comes Mom's free-time!)

No comments: