Thursday, April 22, 2010

a floral walkabout


I had the most pleasant time with blooms and foliage yesterday. I had to capture the joy...

My neighbors azaleas. I think this is the best color. It's old-fashioned, like my heart.









Again, the neighbor's flowers. I don't know their name, but they were so sweet and unpretentious, I had to add them to my collection.











My clematis, not sure of the variety, but I like them because they remind me of pink dogwood.
They have overtaken one of our mission arborvitae. I think it is demurely pleased to be so elegantly clothed.









More clematis...










Clematis buds, quietly waiting for their debut...










Couldn't resist one more shot. Isn't the little purple bud dear?









Holly - their blossoms, so often overlooked, deserve som attention. Faint pink and white, jutting their pollen out on stalks. Come, bees, for a tasty appetizer!







I always enjoy these bright, white little flowers. They remind me of edelweis. They're probably weeds, which is all the more reason to capture them. Persistent and lovely - shouldn't we take a lesson?






Ah, the majestic purple iris. This has been one of my favorite annuals, since 1986. It required a showcase indoors.






2 comments:

VAYANKEE said...

Jill,

You have such a flair and talent for writing; you should take some courses towaards a degree in journalism or whatever and/or get involved with a writers' group!
Jo

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jo - your words are too kind :) I did take English 101 at HACC last spring, and enjoyed it very much. I should take English 102 this fall, online, so that I don't have to drive over 3x a week.