Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Wedding to Remember


Sarah and Praveen are now man and wife! The wedding was beautiful. They used some of the vows from Pride and Prejudice, from the 1600's. Sarah's harp teacher played for them, as a gift. Sarah came down the aisle to Arabesque, after the bridesmaids walked down to Pachelbel's Canon. Praveen and Noah wore tradional Indian outfits called sherwanis. And Sarah said a sweet phrase in Hindi to Praveen.

Sarah, Praveen, and I cried a little. I found out later that at least two of my friends did too. Rebekah, David, and Adele choked up a little during toasts (and Adele's poem, written just for the occasion).

My sister, Gayle, did the photography. The reception was very classy, and the dancing was a blast! Even some of my quiter friends couldn't resist a little disco action. At one point, I saw my mom and Ben cutting the rug, and later my mother-in-law was teaching me how to swing! Sarah and Praveen danced to All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera, and then David and Sarah waltzed to On the Beautiful Blue Danube. David and I got a couple of dances in too - I especially enjoyed one to What a Wonderful World. The evening went so fast - soon we were throwing birdseed at the happy couple and off they went! Family and friends pitched in to clean up, and we all dragged ourselves home. We ended up with a LOT of leftover cake. We pretty much crashed upon arriving home... Noah peeled off his sherwani, and crawled right into bed. He had danced a lot, and told me, while resting between dancing, that, "This is the BEST wedding ever! I can't wait for their anniversary party!" Here are some snapshots I caught:


























1 comment:

Judy said...

Oh! So BEAUUUUTIFUL!

Thanks for sharing pictures.

I so understand the one of the father of the bride with empty pockets.

Empty pockets, maybe, but obviously FULL hearts!