Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hello Cello!














I picked up a full size cello for myself yesterday. I'll rent it for a while and see how I do. It's brand new, an Eastman. This is one of Noah's teacher's favorite makers. Now I know why. I tightened up my bow and made that cello ring! I can play all the Twinkles, Hot Cross Buns, Scotland's Burning, and a couple different scales.












Noah taught me the anchor points today. We also played rounds of Scotland's Burning. I still have to catch up to him, though. He left me in the dust months ago, when I tired of playing his little cello. It's much easier to play this one. I'm piggy-backing on Noah's suzuki lessons, something I've heard many suzuki moms do. Noah's teacher is excited for me. I hope I can master it. I've practiced four times today. I have to stop after 10 minutes, as my arm and thumb muscles (on my bowing arm/hand) ache. After an hour, I can get back to it.
















Between practicing, I managed to complete my commentary outline for my class. The trend I'm commenting on is micro-chipping, of clothes, appliances, and even people's arms! It's very interesting, and frightening. One can really see the image of the Beast in all this...

1 comment:

Judy said...

Oh, I just love it that he is teaching you!

And I, too, find micro-chipping to be extremely freaky.