Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Baby, you're a star

Apparently my Becka was a big hit, along with her co-stars at the Liberty U Coffeehouse, a huge talent show with an audience of several thousand. She was Doreen in a Stuart skit. For those who don't know, Doreen and Stuart are a dysfunctional mom and little boy from MadTV. Doreen is stuck in the 80's and has a Wisconsin accent. Stuart, age 7, but always played by a 6'2" man, says things like, "I peed a little!" when he gets nervous or excited, or, "I'm in my dark place" when he's sad/angry. Doreen says things like, "He's just a helpless little boy - he couldn't find his way out of a paper bag!" She'll also explain, "Stuart is special, it takes looooove and paaaaatience.... and - because Staurt has been saying, 'Mama? Mama? Mama?" the whole time she's talking - (shouts) What is it, Stuart!?"

I wish I had been there for the skit. Sadly, there is no youtube of it, but I did get some pics of facebook... (she's the one with the microphone) The last one has Jerry Falwell Jr in it. He likes these skits so much they made a little role for him.






































No comments: