Monday, March 2, 2009

busy, busy

Seems every day has new demands. I don't have much time to post, so I'll be concise.

Rebekah's play was well cast, and well done. In the role of Elizabeth "Goody" Proctor, she had half the audience in tears. She and her "husband," John Proctor (in the pic) received a standing ovation. I was so proud! Here's a pic -












I got 100% on my case study, Hiding from the White Coats: Mental Health Care in the Post War Years. I just about floated to my car after getting it back. Now I'm working on a critique. Unlike the case study, I've not enjoyed doing the critique. I'm just looking forward to handing it in this week. I hope for a C+.

Noah has a big recital coming up. He has learned three new songs: Go Tell Aunt Rhody, Allegro, and Sakura. Also, he's learned to play Twinkle in the A string.

My father-in-law gave me an evaluation the other day. He said I was "compassionate," and had a "gift for exhortation" and something else, but I can't remember... Anyway, I was very touched.

Seven fire engines flew by our neighborhood this morning. I've watched the local news, off and on, but still haven't learned the cause. After the 4th one went by, I started praying for anyone who may by injured.*

*I found out the next day that it was an electrical fire in a nearby house. The house was just a few feet away from the homes next door, thus the call for so much backup. One man got 2nd degree burns on his face and arms, and is in the hospital. I thank God for sparing his life, and that he didn't get 3rd degree burns. I will continue to pray for his full recovery, and most of all, that he will think about eternity and whether or not he is prepared to die... and that God will draw him to Himself, through His Son, Jesus. Also, I'm so grateful for firefighters, paid and volunteer.

1 comment:

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Hi Jill, glad you came to check out the party. I understand about being to busy with too little energy, just enjoy yourself and take a look around! Glad to have you!

Amazed by His Grace,
Michelle
She Looketh Well