Monday, April 6, 2009

Josh was due today...

...but he decided to hang out for another week, and get fatter. By the time I had him, he weighed 10 lbs! I remember this night though. I had hoped he'd arrive on time, but something happened that overwhelmed me, and I was glad he didn't. After I put the girls to bed, my neighbor came over and told me that she had just seen our cat, Ripples, dead on the road in front of the house. I was devastated, and cried and cried. I couldn't go out and look. David was out for some reason, and when he came in, I told him, and he went out and took care of it. I was wiped out the next day from crying and sadness.
A week later, Joshie arrived, and I was good and ready. Sometimes I wondered if God allowed Ripples to leave our home before Josh came because she was going to hurt him in some way.

No comments: