Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cookie Bars and my case study

I handed in my case study yesterday. It was about mental health in the post-war years. An hour before class, I changed the thesis statement, which really started out as a question, into more of a statement. Later, however, I realized that it might have been a bad idea to fool with what my husband thought was clever: taking the reader along on a journey of questioning, trying to decide what was right. At the end, after looking into each side of the issue, I gently closed with what I thought was the right answer.

I think I changed the paper because of my prof's first comment on my rough draft. He said the thesis statement was a bit fuzzy. Well, nothing to be done for it now. I hope I get at least a C.

I was very busy yesterday. I think I was trying to distract myself from thinking about Steve and Kajaun. I shopped, cooked, cleaned, and organized photos on my laptop.

For dinner, we had cheddar-garlic burgers. I sprinkled about 2/3 tsp garlic powder (California style, course ground ) and about 1/2 c shredded cheddar into 1.66 lbs of 80/20 hamburger, and cooked them on the gas grill. My neighbors probably think I'm daffy, but I really like grilled food all year long. There's something fun about grilled burgers in February. Note: be careful with the garlic powder - I've ruined burgers by using too much. Start with 1/2 t to 1.5 lbs, and adjust from there. It's like cutting hair - you can always trim more.

I found this recipe online and made it for dessert:

Apple Spice Cookie Bars
http://goodthingscatered.blogspot.com/2008/09/apple-spice-cookie-bars.html

David and I had them with ice cream while we had a date-night-in. It was delicious! They were vey good! ( I had two for breakfast. *blush*)

Sadly, I fell asleep 1/3 into the movie we rented, Bottle Shock, because I had little sleep in me from the night before. I don't even know if David finished it. I only know that I got up, chased Noah up to bed, and then got into my own bed. I let Noah curl up with me, since David wouldn't be coming up anytime soon. He was so happy to get to sleep in our bed, he made one of those dramatic statements that little kids often do: "I love your bed - it's the softest and the warmest - you're the best mom ever!"

I woke up an hour later, to Sarah chattering on her cell with a friend. This is normally OK because I don't go to sleep before 11. I carried Noah to his bed, and was soon back in my own.

I had a dream towards morning, that I was going to be very late for class on Monday. I think it was an anxiety dream.

No comments: