Monday, July 14, 2008

Is this a dream?

I love how the simple things in life can make a child so happy. Since it was such a nice evening, I told Noah I'd take him to the local park. He wanted to bring his big beach shovel along to dig in the sandbox. I think this was a big deal to him. As we walked to the park, he held my hand, and asked, "Is this a dream?" I knew he was looking surprised to be using that big shovel, and I assured him, "No, it' not - we're really doing this!"

Josh is in the process of painting Noah's room. It's going to have a nautical look, as Noah likes pirate ships. So we started with water (the variegated blue carpet). I thought sand would be a good color to feel like the sea. Then Josh decided to make the base board brown, use sand on the wall under the chair rail, dark bluefor the chair rail, and sky blue above the chair rail. So, besides the carpet, the room should feel like a ship, which the sky beyond. I hope it works out that way.

Time for bed. Busy day tomorrow.

No comments: