Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Anniversary party a success

I forgot to mention in my last post that the 50th anniversary party was wonderful. My in-laws and all their guest had a lovely time, enjoyed good food and festivities. Three moments stand out to me:

1. When Mom and Dad first arrived, and looked around, wide-eyed, at the party atmoshpere and guests. I don't think they expected all the fuss - fancy food, candles, a slide show, a wedding-style cake, champagne, etc. They thanked us again and again.

2. Hearing each of the kids' speeches to Mom and Dad. They were really good, and drew laughter and a few tears.

3.When Mom sang her own version of "Thanks for the Memories" to Dad. It was funny, but also sweet, and got a lot of applause.

At one point during the party, my cousin-in-law, Sarah-Marie, told me something she over heard Noah say upon sipping the punch, "What kind of champagne is this?"

I'm so glad I got to be a part of throwing this party for them. They've been so good to us. It was nice to give something back.

2 comments:

VAYANKEE said...

Hello, Jill,

Serendipity - happened upon your blog today (July 8, 2009).

Best to you in your college career. I believe in you totally and know you could do well in many careers, even if you only want to do that part-time.

I'm jumping in at this post, reading about the 50th ANNIVERSARY PARTY. Nice of you to do that.

Did you know that Winnie was my maid of honor at my wedding in 1956? Probably not.

After Sarah recovers from getting her BSN, maybe she can become a Nurse Practitioner.

As to Rebekah, she is going to college about 60 miles from where I now live, which is in Southside Virginia, in a small town in the historic district. Only about 40,000 people in the entire county.

I'll be following your blog wtih great interest, particularly in regard to your own college career.

You are still so very young and look no different than you did the last time I saw you.

Love, Jo-Ellen

Jill said...

Hi Jo-Ellen!

How did you happen upon my blog? I'm so glad you did!

I didn't know that Winnie was your maid of honor. What warm memories those must be :)

Yes, my kids are spreading their wings. Sarah is very glad to be done with school. She may go on to become a nurse-midwife, but not for a couple years, if at all.

Thanks for your interest in my college career. It may be stalled for now, as David just told me I need to take a part-time job this fall.(seasonal) Between old car maintanence and college costs, some extra $$ is called for...

Take care! Stop by again! I'll tell Winnie you found my blog.

Jill :)