Monday, September 24, 2007

Anniversary party

Well, I have yet again neglected my blog. This is mainly because, on Noah's first day of school, my brother-in-law, Jeff, called me about putting on a 50th anniversary party for his and my husband's parents. I was delighted to do so. It's been a busy month, though, and I'm eager to see it happen this Friday night. As Jeff is out of town, I'm the "Event Manager", doing everything from finding a place, to finding a caterer, getting a cake ordered, shopping for a pendant for my FIL to give to my MIL, to putting centerpieces together. And then there's the scanning and organizing of 150+ snapshots for a pc slide-show, as well as making slides to introduce each "chapter" of Mom and Dad's lives. They have been so good to us, I was glad to do this for them. I look forward to watching them enjoy their time in the lime-light. 50 years is quite an accomplishment. Just staying alive that long is something, but staying married that long is huge!

Noah finally admitted to me that he liked kindergarten a "little bit." That was because they had gym today, and he apparently really likes that.

We're having a little party tonight for Sarah Jane. She's soon 22. ( I'm the mother of someone old enough to be a wife and mother herself - a sobering thought. ) I'm proud of my Sarah Jane. She's working hard at getting her BSN, and she is living her life responsibly, and in fear of God. It makes my heart glad.

A movie review: Undertaking Betty (2004)
I caught 30 minutes of this movie on TV recently, and it was rated PG-13. So I rented it from blockbuster.com. When it came, it said it was rated R. Confused, and wanting desperately to see how it came out, I watched it. It seems to be PG-13. It was one of the sweetest and funniest movies I've seen in a long time. Set in modern-day Wales, in a little village, it's a fable about love that has to wait until mid-life to bloom. Starts Brenda Blethyn, Alfred Molina, Christopher Walken, and Naomi Watts. My daughter, husband, and teenage son all enjoyed the movie. (I edited 2 scenes) If you're a mom or dad, watch it with your other half, and then know where the scenes are to "edit." Otherwise, it's delightful.

No comments: